14.4.05

Wish I had...

So... You all know that I am a tad net savy. Which always makes me want to be a bit more. I really wish I could register my own domain. So I could have my own site. However, I don't really know how. I suspect that no matter how one does it though, you need 3 things.

  1. Money
  2. A server
  3. A constant Connection
Which aren't huge deals. I also wish I had a server so I could video log. And I could server music to myself, no matter where I was. That would be fun. Not to mention that with a constant connection I could server my own files for everything. I could use FTP or what not to server my own photos and video. It would be fun. Or at least I would have fun. Yeah yeah, oh yeah!

Chau

1 comment:

John said...

Hey Vermin,

The server part of this equation is the easy part. There's plenty of free server software out there ( and by free I don't mean stolen). Apache is usually used for Linux but there is a windows version available and it's free. It is a very in depth program but there are books available at B&N and plenty of help on the internet. I'm just finishing a Web Server Implementation class at LSC that's been very cool. As far as your dynamic IP address issue, look into dyndns.org. I havn't checked yet but I'm told that a basic account is free and what you do is install a client on your webserver pc and that will tell dyndns.org whenever your IP changes and by going to their website you can see what your current address is. I hope that this gives you some ideas. I'd love to talk to you more about this later.

hunterlaker