5.7.04

Teaching...

Good Day!



You know what I like? I like to be able to teach, because it feels like you are making an immediate impact on someone elses life. Like you are changing them for the better.

However, I haven't been teaching you much lately have I? No, I don't think I have. I have been mostly talking about my boring life and whinning. I probably do that way too much.

Today I was reading the writings of C.S. Lewis, particularly his take on the Psalms. In his book, he talked about how to treat the wicked. Not the down troden ones, but those who represent the wealthy, intelligent, got it all, power weilding ones. He spoke about not condoning what they do, by ignoring it, by laughing at their jokes, by admiring what they do and who they are, by justifing it. He says that we need to stand up to what they say and do, but not dictate to them, but argue against them.

I think in some ways that is very true, and that we should argue, but argue kindly. We might not even win the arguement, but they may think of what we said for years to come, and one day change their mind. This is a very hard subject, because it is so tempting to just stay silent, and not speak that truth we know. But we must, even if it is hard. If we lie down and die, who will fight for us? And when you speak on it, you never know who else has been silent and will now agree with you.

yeah...

I should really finish that book. Maybe I will buckle down and do it tomorrow.

Chau

No comments: